The Mission of UnitingCare Bendigo is to:
- Provide services to people in the community;
- Be an advocate on their behalf.
- Respond to their needs; and
- Affirm human dignity in a caring and non-judgemental manner.
From the Constitution of UnitingCare Bendigo
Types of welfare programs which are the focus of UnitingCare Bendigo:
- Provide food, clothing and other material and financial aid to people and families in need.
- Provide social support of families and individuals and advocacy to assist them access required services.
Types of persons assisted:
- Low income families, including single parent families.
- People with mental illness and on Disability Support Pensions.
- Families and individuals who are in crisis.
- Boarding house residents.
- Public housing residents.